So there I was, the hottest part of the year. True it was over 100*F every day, but I finally had some free time (the commodity in shortest supply). I didn’t know how much time I’d have so I had to act fast. First thing was to strip the front end off the truck and get as close to bare frame as possible. Luckily for me these old trucks are extremely simple, I started off in the afternoon, and with reasonable water breaks, by the next morning I was done and leveling the frame.
Once that happened it was time to just get an impression of what I was in for by lifting the new suspension up to the frame.